Sunday, September 3, 2017

Slice of Life SUNDAY!

I guess I should start with the fact that I did not commit to writing my Slice of Life last Tuesday. I don't like the feeling I get when I think about it. I seem to come up with many reasons why my Tuesday habit of writing did not come to fruition. Could it be that my priorities were elsewhere? Yes! I am a teacher prepping for a new school year. I want the best for my students, plain and simple. I want to be at my best, too. Now I'm wondering why I did not follow through with writing on Tuesday. My blog is to be a model for my students. I was true to the commitment. I felt ready and furthermore, I liked the discipline. I NEED TO WRITE! I want to write. Expressing myself through the written word feels true to me. The first day of school is this Tuesday, September 5th. I plan on sharing my Slice of Life blog with my fifth graders and I hope that many of them will join me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment