Tuesday, September 12, 2017

A Hogan Hello

Yes, a casual conversation can turn into something rather unusual or unique. I'm not one to carry on too much of a political banter with someone, but on this particular day, my casual, political conversation was actually enjoyable. 

Chris, my sister-in-law's husband, is an elected official in my home state of Maryland. On many occasions, we agree to disagree on many political topics, but on this day, I made a point to say to Chris that I both liked and respected our current governor, Larry Hogan. 

So, where is my story leading? Believe it or not, it's heading to the Redskins stadium and Governor Hogan's press box (is this what it's called?!). When visiting me (and my husband) on Saturday, Chris mentioned he was invited to join the governor at Sunday's football game, Redskins vs. Eagles. I didn't think much of it except that when watching the game on TV the next day, I remembered that Chris was there and I was home, working. 

Well, while I'm working, an unknown number interrupts my teacher planning. I normally don't answer those calls, but interestingly enough this time I did. First it was Chris from Redskins Stadium. Next it was Governor Larry Hogan on the line, talking to ME! To make a long story short, Chris had mentioned to the governor I was an educator in MD and I was complimentary of the work he had done for our state.

I was certainly surprised and honored that Gov. Hogan took the time to call AND to thank me for my teaching efforts and he was appreciative of all I was doing as a teacher in Middletown, Maryland. Quite honestly, I was giddy!


The phone call was only a minute or two, but it will be a moment in time I will remember for years to come. Thanks Gov. Hogan...and Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment